-
November 27th, 2003, 05:46 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I once asked Guy Bailey (of Quireboys)if his hat was glued to his head. (and processed to pull it off,hehe,oh yeah,I was drunk,lol)
-
November 27th, 2003, 07:40 PM
#2
Inactive Member
not me... but a friend of Mykii... Me n Mykii were talking to Brent muscat after one of the faster pussycat shows at the Underworld last year and mykii's mate chris butted in and went "You're one of my three favourite guitarists of all time!! the others are slash and CC DeVille."
Brent looked at him and walked off!
as for myself... i jumped on ginger wildhearts foot!
-
November 30th, 2003, 12:28 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I remember asking Pepsi Tate from Tigertailz if they used backing tracks.....that question was as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit!!!
-
December 1st, 2003, 05:06 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Not said to, but happened to, and a LONG story from the same night, but a great story:
I was in line waiting to see The Lords Of The New Church. The bus pulled up, and Stiv crawled out with his girlfriend/wife. As he walked past me by friend lunged forward and touched Stivs hair/shoulder whatever. Stiv stopped in his tracks, turned to me, walked back up to me, looked me square in the eyes and said "fag"!!! I tried to tell him that I wasn't the one who did that, but it was too late. Shock of one of my idols called me a "fag" had left me speechless!
Later, in the show (hope you're reading this Mandi as this is the story I had promised you) the club had put a ban on stage diving and even slamming. Through out the show the bouncers were in the audience stopping the slamming and dragging people out of the show. If you attempted a dive, the bouncers would come from everywhere on the stage and drag you into the alley. The door slam could be heard OVER the band. We all knew what was going on out there.
Well, eventually Stiv got word of the "no dancing" in the audience. Stiv stepped up to the mic, said "so I hear that they are stopping you from dancing out there" to which everbody yelled back "YES". Stiv went back to the mic with the reply that would change the night for everybody "Well, the way I see it is that you paid your $12.50 to get in here, so fuck 'em, this is for you, it's called 'Dance With Me'" to which the place erupted into a madhouse and the bouncers actually had to run off the floor!
But that meant that they all went to the stage. So now ALL divers were getting destroyed up there. But then the encore came, I had to dive. So I had my friends launch me to the stage. You know, stand quite some distance from the stage, and have two of them throw you by stepping into their hands. I hit the stage on my knees and hands, then the next thing I knew I was lifted into the air by one of the bouncers, then I went falling back onto the stage. As I looked up I saw Stiv with the bouncer by the throat, throwing him to the stage. Stiv was a little guy, and this bouncer was easily 6'5". I knew who I would lay my money on in a fight at that moment. The band has stopped playing and the place had gone dead silent. Stiv walked up to me, smiled and said "you can go back in now". I out out my hand, shook hands with the man, turned back to the audienced and did my best "crucified monitor flip" I could do. The place went up for grabs at that point. I was swarmmed by people upon hitting the floor, and the place turned into one dive after another.
I got cocky and went back for another. Flipped the bouncers off once hitting the stage, dove back in. They got me when I went back in though, and dragged me out this time. But the second I got outside, the music stopped and the people started filing out. I thanked the bouncers for the escort out.
I hung out later to meet Stiv and thank him again. I hooked up with Brian James, but Stiv was already out for the night.
So a night that started with a REAL bad and disappointing misunderstanding, ended with a memory that I will always hold extremely close. Stiv was the man.
-
December 1st, 2003, 05:09 PM
#5
Inactive Member
I got to see a couple girls run up to Steven James from the Dogs after their show. After the girls swarrmed him and started to walk away, James looked at me and said loud enough for them to hear "I fooking hate groupies".
I told Axl he had a nice shirt. It's all I could say. I hated the guys voice and band, but he had a cool shirt on. May have been a stupid thing to say, but eh, what can ya do?
-
December 1st, 2003, 05:53 PM
#6
Inactive Member
i don't know if you would call it stupid but i once said to marilyn manson, "i thought you were tall". i meant it in a 'oh by the way' way but i think it came out in a more disrespectful way. I didn't mean it to be disrespectful. he didn't seem to enjoy it but trent got a kick out of it, he bought me and mine a few drinks for saying it. (probably because he is short (about 5'6" i think) and was happy someone else was hearing about it)
-
December 1st, 2003, 05:55 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Manson is only 5'6", or Reznor is? I thought Manson was supposed to be like 6'+? You mean he isn't?
-
December 1st, 2003, 06:16 PM
#8
Inactive Member
reznor is like 5'6", manson i would say is about 6'1"/6'2". i always pictured him to be taller. creepers to creepers, manson came up to my nose(ish). trent was like at my shoulders.
trent was one of the coolest most down to earth people i have met. we (trent, kevin from prick, twiggy, ginger, matt pinfield (kiss ass dick), me and mine) sat there in the bar and hung out like we were next door neighbors for years. marilyn, on the other hand, was just starting on his rockstar ego at the time. thats all i'll say about him.
that same night we also went to see the neurotic outsiders with john taylor/steve jones/duff/matt sorum. they were a big letdown.
-
December 1st, 2003, 08:06 PM
#9
Inactive Member
John Taylor can't sing worth a crap....I bought his solo CD...and Oh man...I laughed my ass off.
Good thing Annette took it off my hands...just for the CD cover, then she heard the actual cd and said "Now, I know why you gave it to me?, IT SUCKS!!!"...true story there...LOL!!!
-
December 1st, 2003, 08:17 PM
#10
Inactive Member
granted, but he is still john taylor from duran duran so he gets the bonus points. for the neurotic outsiders it was mostly steve jones singing, at least the songs we heard before we bolted.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks